COST Action BM1402: Development of a European network for preclinical testing of interventions in mouse models of age and age-related diseases (MouseAGE) invites researchers from Participating COST Countries to submit applications for the 8th call for STSM.
Purpose of a STSM
STSM are aimed at strengthening existing networks and fostering collaborations by allowing researchers participating in a given COST Action to visit an institution or laboratory in another Participating COST Country / an approved Near Neighbour Country institution or an approved International Partner Country institution. A STSM should specifically contribute to the overall scientific objectives of the COST Action, whilst at the same time enable researchers to learn new techniques or gain access to specific expertise, instruments and/or methods not available in their own institutions.
We welcome STSM grant applications that are aligned with MouseAGE’s scientific priorities which include:
- frailty assessment in mice
- identification of biomarkers for ageing (and specifically frailty)
- assessment of novel or updated mice models of frailty, mulimorbidity and resilience
- identification and testing of potential molecules for ageing interventions e.g. geroprotectors
- standardisation of protocols for assessment of testing interventions for aging in mice e.g. neurological assessment, musco-skeletal assessment
- use of novel technology to contribute to preclinical research on ageing e.g. imaging and computational methods.
Full details of the current MouseAGE priorities can be found here (www.mouseage.eu) and the scientific objectives of COST Action BM1402 are available in the Memorandum of Understanding which can be downloaded here: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/bmbs/Actions/BM1402.
Deadline for applications to be submitted: STSM applications can be submitted until 15 June 2018 and will be reviewed by the MouseAGE Core Group.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- the STSM’s fit with MouseAGE objectives
- the applicant’s motivation for undertaking an STSM
- the quality of the applicant’s CV and research outputs
- the impact the STSM will have on the applicant’s current research and future career
Notification of application outcome: up to 3 weeks after 15 June 2018.
STSMs must be completed before 1 November 2018.
For full application details and conditions, download the document below.
If you have questions regarding STSMs please email the STSM coordinator Roosmarijn Vandenbroucke (Roosmarijn.Vandenbroucke@irc.vib-ugent.be)
For general enquiries about the Action please email email@example.com