The main objective of MouseAGE (COST Action MB1402) is to form a network of scientists, clinicians, industrial partners and regulatory affairs experts from European countries with multidisciplinary expertise to define best practice on how preclinical interventions in mouse models of age and age-related disorders should be tested so to accelerate the translation to the clinic.
To address the major limitations to the testing of preclinical interventions of ageing using mouse models, this COST Action will:
- Produce clear guidelines on issues such as endpoints, methodology and types of measurements as well as models.
- Create a roadmap for the development of future technologies to speed up testing of interventions.
- Create consensus between all stakeholders on ways to test preclinical interventions in ageing mice.
- Consolidate current best practice by establishing a common European platform for the selection and testing of interventions performed cooperatively according to agreed SOPs.
- Boost training capacity in Europe in the areas of preclinical intervention and thereby attract the best talent to this field.