Purpose of an STSM
An STSM facilitates Researchers from COST Countries participating in COST Action BM1402 to go to an institution or research centre in another participating COST Country to foster collaboration and to perform empirical research. Participation of “Early-Stage Researchers” (ESR) in STSMs is particularly encouraged. An applicant can be considered as being an “Early-Stage Researcher” when the time that has elapsed between the award date of the applicants PhD and the date of the applicants first involvement in the COST Action BM1402 does not exceed 8 years. PhD students are also eligible to partake in STSMs.
Specific information concerning STSMs
STSMs can have a duration of between 5 days and 90 days (and up to 180 days if the applicant is an ESR – see definition of ESR above).
The financial support on offer is a contribution to the overall expenses incurred during the STSM and may not necessarily cover all of the associated outgoings.
The following funding conditions apply and must be respected:
- Travel expenses cannot exceed €500;
- For accommodation and meal expenses, a maximum amount of €160 per day can be considered;
- A grantee can be afforded up to a maximum of €2500;
- For ESR, a maximum amount of €3500 can be afforded to the grantee;
- STSM activities must occur in their entirety within the dates specified in this call.
Financial support is limited to cover travel and subsistence expenses and is paid as a grant.